Glycerin (sugar-alcohol compound) is an organic compound composed of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen. It’s a thick (viscous), colorless and odorless liquid. It’s water-soluble, sweet to taste and is non-toxic too. Its products vary from soaps to anti-ageing gels. And this time HNBT brings to you about glycerin uses for skin and some of the best uses of vegetable glycerin too.
19 Glycerin Uses For Skin And How To Use It?
- It can be used as a cleanser.
- It can be used as a toner.
- It is a wonderful skin moisturizer.
- Diluted version makes the hands smooth.
- It helps retain the skin water.
- It plays an important role in cell maturation.
- It cures oily skin problems like pimples, acne and blackhead.
- It’s nature allows it to be used on baby and sensitive skin.
- Glycerin is non-toxic in nature, no wonder it finds way to so many uses.
- It helps to retain the water in skin.
- Wash your feet well and apply glycerine on your cracked heels. It works like magic in healing your cracked heels overnight.
- It acts as a sunscreen to some extent.
- It removes clogged impurities and helps in lightening skin shade.
- Glycerin also gives the skin a soft and supple feel.
- Apply a coat of glycerine on your nails after removing nail paint. It prevents them from looking dried up.
- Apply raw glycerine directly on scars that are especially caused burns, acne or wounds to get rid of them. Also read : Remedies To Get Rid Of Body Acne
- People with dry skin can apply raw or diluted glycerine on skin. It is way better than those costly creams and parlour treatments.
- It can be used for skin lightening.
- It fill up the gaps due to the wrinkles thus makes the skin look younger.
How Can Glycerin Be Used On Skin?
1) For Soft Skin : Take a tablespoon of glycerin and ten tablespoons of water. Apply this before going to bed at night. Wash off the next morning. Also read : How to Get Soft Hands?
2) Anti-ageing treatment : Break an egg white into your bowl (so that it is light and frothy), and add in one teaspoon of honey (it helps in combining the ingredients). Then, add one teaspoon of glycerin. Mix it well and apply it onto your face using your fingertips in upward circular strokes. Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash off with warm water. The egg white helps remove the impurities and keeps the skin clean and soft.
You may also read : 10 Quick Home Remedies For Acne
3) Toner : Make a mixture with rosewater. Take one-fourth cup of glycerin and add to it 1 1/2 cups of rose water. It is advised to keep this mixture in a spray bottle for a much effective and simpler usage.
Must read : Uses of Rose Water For Skin and Hair
4) Moisturizer : Take about 200 – 250 ml of glycerin in a bowl. Put two tablespoon of fresh lime juice. Mix it well and store it in a glass bottle. Apply it at night before going to bed by using either your fingertips or cotton. Don’t disturb it till it gets soaked.
Take one tablespoon of each Vitamin E oil, Vaseline and glycerin. Apply half-an-hour before taking a shower. It is suitable for all skin types.
5) Cleanser : Get a bottle of vegetable gly’in and fruit fresh (citrus acid). Grab a bowl, and into it goes two tablespoons of vegetable gly’in. If you are using this only on your skin, then you may add a single teaspoon of fruit fresh. Mix these two ingredients well. You should get a milky solution. Keep adding more fruit fresh until the solution turns milky. If you are using it as a face or body mask, apply it overnight and remove using a warm soft towel the next morning. As for face mask, you can wash it off once it dries up.
Mix 3 teaspoon of milk with 1 teaspoon of gly’in. Apply in on your face and leave it overnight. You may apply it on your hands and feet as well. Wash off the next morning. (Make sure this mixture doesn’t get into your eyes.)
6) Acne treatment : Take one tablespoon of gly’in, 1/2 tablespoon of Borax powder and camphor in a bowl. Mix well with a cup of distilled water. Apply on face and wash it off with lukewarm water. After sometime, wash again your face with cold water. (Remember lukewarm water opens skin pores, and cold water closes them.)
7) Blackhead treatment : For natural blackhead treatment, take fullers earth, almond powder and gly’rin. Mix one tablespoon of fullers earth, two teaspoon of glycerin and four tablespoon of almond powder in a bowl to make a paste. Apply it on blackheads. Rinse it off with cold water once it dries.
Also read : 15 Remedies For Dry Skin Problem
8) Dry skin treatment : Take one tablespoon of Vaseline and glycerin in a small bowl. Mix well. You may apply it over your face or body overnight.
1 tablespoon = 14.78 ml (approx) = 14.78 gm (approx)
Vegetable glycerin is a colorless and odorless liquid. It’s produced from vegetable oils ( plant oils, palm oils or coconut oils). It is widely used in cosmetic products, foods and as a replacement for alcohol in herbal and botanical tincture.
Vegetable Glycerin Uses For Skin
- It is used for anti-ageing treatments.
- It is used as replacement of alcohol in herbal tinctures.
- It is used in acne treatments.
- It is used in washing soaps and gels.
- It helps in retaining skin moisture.
- It shows positive effects on skin cancer.
You may also read about petroleum jelly and its benefits.
That’s all from us about glycerin and its benefits. If you think we have missed out something, do let us know. Thank you for visiting us.